Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 2

Today started off a little slow. We got up, repacked the car, did a letterbox and drove through the rest of Mass, into CT, spent a long time sitting in traffic in NY and finally arrived at the nursing home that Joe's friend and somewhat adopted father figure lives at. We had a good visit but on our way out, there is a group of men sitting in their wheelchairs and one of them spots me and my hat. Now, I normally do not wear a cowboy hat but we're camping and it makes a nice, airy, summer hat...

So anyway, this man sees me and gets this excited look on his face and goes "You think you're a cowboy? You headin' back to the rayanch? heh" I don't think it sounds nearly as funny written down but this man was rather coherent and was totally making fun of me and my hat.

So that was my excitement for the day...a letterbox, lots of traffic, and getting made fun of by an 85 year old man.

1 comment:

Sassy Sundry said...

Great hat. Sounds like you haven't killed each other yet.

Miss you!